If you or your child has been horse showing for any length of time, you know how quickly those ribbons tend to pile up! So, from time to time, we like to create some fun new DIY projects that incorporate upcycled ribbons. Follow the directions below to make your own collage vase with ribbon “bouquet.”
First we decided to make a horse-themed collage vase. We found a vase at a thrift store, and rescued an old horse book out of my aunt’s trash.
To make this craft, you will need:
1. Cut pictures that you like out of book.
2. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge over the vase (it will dry clear). Stick pictures all over the vase in collage style.
3. Paint over pictures with a 2nd thin layer of Mod Podge.
4. Let dry.
DIY Horse Show Ribbon Craft Bouquet
Now that you have your cute vase, it’s time to recycle some of those horse show ribbons by turning them into “flowers.”
You will need:
- horse show ribbons
- wooden kabob skewers
How to make:
1. Fold the ends of each ribbon and tuck them inside the metal hanger clip on the back of the ribbon.
2. Stick a skewer in the clip hole (use tape if your clips do not have holes).
3. Arrange “flowers” in your vase to your liking!
We hope you have fun putting this craft together! We thought it was a neat way to display horse show ribbons around the house!
If you decide to give this craft a try, let us know how it turned out! Would you like to see more projects in the future that use uncycled horse show ribbons? Drop a comment and tell us!