Looking for the perfect snack idea for your pony or farm themed party? These Rice Krispies Treat hay bales are perfect! They are very easy to make and will look great on your dessert table.
Easy Pony Party Snacks
If you are getting ready to throw a pony themed party (or a western or farm themed party!), this is a great snack idea to add to your party menu. We turned Rice Krispies Treats into “hay bales” and the results were just adorable.
You can certainly make your own Rice Krispies Treats, however we opted for store-bought this time. We wanted bars that were uniform in shape and that were a little firmer than our go-to soft bar recipe. The store-bought bars fit the bill.
Rice Krispies Treats Hay Bale Supplies
To make these snacks, you will need:
- Rice Krispies Treats (you will need 2 treats PER hay bale)
- Wax deli sheets
- Ribbon or twine (optional)
How to Make Hay Bale Snacks
Follow these directions step-by-step to make your own hay bale Rice Krispies Treats:
1. Unwrap the Krispies treats. You will need 2 treat bars per hay bale.
2. Take 2 bars and stack them together. Gently squeeze them together a bit so they stick to each other.
3. Cut the wax deli paper into strips. I cut mine to that they were long enough to wrap around the treat bars. The strips were not quite as wide as the bars – this allowed the ends of the bars to stick out on each end.
I used double-sided tape to attach one end of the paper to the other.
4. Repeat this process with the rest of your Rice Krispies Treats. If you like the look of ribbon or twine, you can tie it in a bow around each “bale.” I ultimately decided that I liked the look of just the deli paper on ours.
Setting Up the Hay Bales Scene
Have some fun with the treat presentation!
I have seen some versions of these treats that use a toy tractor with wagon and the bales are stacked in the hay wagon.
I stacked the hay bales and put the horses near the fence in the background. It was fun to come up with different scenes for these treats! (For example, the “naughty” pony scene below!)
We hope you enjoyed this easy party treat idea! Let us know if you decide to give it a try and tell us how it works out for you!
More ideas for a pony party: