Grab some popsicle sticks, paint and glue and get ready to make this adorable popsicle stick barn. Our craft is the perfect addition to your play horse area (Breyer, Schleich, Playmobil, etc) or would make a pretty decoration anywhere in your home.
This popsicle stick barn is the perfect craft for camp or your next rainy day. It would also be a great art activity for any school units you might be teaching about farms or farm animals! With a minimal supply list, you can whip up a classic red barn. Use the barn as a decoration or as a backdrop for your favorite horse and farm toys. We went for the classic barn look with red walls and white trim on the door, but feel free to change the colors as you desire.
While you’re here, make sure you browse through the rest of our horse DIYs. The collection is really growing!
Supply List for Popsicle Stick Barn
Round up the following materials to create a barn of your own:
- Craft Sticks, Jumbo
- Craft Sticks, Small, popsicle stick style
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Acrylic Craft Paint: Red, White, Black
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Barn
Follow the steps below to create your barn craft!
1. To construct your barn: line up six jumbo craft sticks on your work surface. Use the scissors to trim additional jumbo craft sticks to the width of the barn and attach with a glue gun and glue sticks.
2. Place a jumbo craft stick diagonally at the top of the barn, make a pencil mark at the center, and cut at an angle. Attach the left-hand roof piece to the barn. Repeat with the right-hand side of the barn roof.
3. Time to paint! Paint the entire barn and roof with the red acrylic paint. Let dry completely. Add a second coat of paint if you want a darker red.
4. Download and print the BARN PATTERN. Lay the smaller, popsicle stick craft sticks out and create a rectangle, using the barn pattern as a guide. Attach two craft sticks, in an “X” pattern using a glue gun and glue sticks.
5. Paint the barn door sticks with white acrylic paint. Let dry completely. You can add a second coat if you would like.
6. Use scissors to cut two popsicle sticks at angles, slightly longer than the jumbo craft stick roof. These pieces will become the barn’s shingles.
7. Paint these shingle pieces black. Let dry. Apply a second coat of paint if you desire. Attach to the left and right-hand side of the roof with glue gun.
Once all of the paint on your barn has dried completely, it is finished.
Let us know how your popsicle stick barn turned out!