Having a horse themed party? These easy scrunchie party favors are a cinch to put together. They add a fun pop of color to your party decor and are a budget-friendly favor idea. Check out these “pony tail” favors and get our free printable tags and table sign below.
Pony Party Favors
We are always on the lookout for fun and easy party ideas for a pony or horse themed party. Bonus if the favors are budget-friendly and we love when we can turn the favors into a horse-related pun. You are probably familiar with the classic hair tool known as a scrunchie. Scrunchies are basically elastic bands covered in fabric. They came in all sizes and can be made out of a variety of cloth material. (You can even make your own scrunchies if you’re really into DIY!)
We paired a popular hairstyle (ponytail) to these scrunchies (which can be used in ponytail styles) and the result was this adorable favor idea.
Pony Tail Scrunchies Favor Supplies
To make these favors, you will need the following:
- Scrunchies (At least one per guest. Feel free to tie more than one together per favor. You can buy these scrunchies in bulk packs online.)
- Twine or ribbon
- Our printables (see below)
- Container to hold scrunchies
- Stick to tape sign onto (we used a wooden skewer)
How to Assemble Scrunchie Favors
1. Grab our printable file. It contains two pages in a PDF file. (You can print one page or both and can print multiples of one or both. We recommend printing these on white cardstock.) Note: this file is for personal use only. You may not sell the file or printed tags.
2. Cut out the tags and the sign. Tape a stick or skewer to the back of the sign.
3. Use scissors or any other sharp, pointed tool to poke a hole in each tag. String your ribbon or twine through that hole and tie the tag to a scrunchie. Repeat the process with all scrunchies.
4. Gather your tagged scrunchies and add them to your basket or other container. We used a couple small metal buckets.
5. Place the favors where your party guests will find them as they leave the party! Perhaps on the counter or table closest to the door.
That’s it! Very very simple to put together and they look awesome. I love how colorful and inviting the bucket of scrunchies looks! If you end up using this idea and/or our tags, let us know how they turned out for you! Check out our other DIY Projects for more pony party inspiration.