Look at this adorable and colorful horse show themed craft! Make your own horse show ribbon, complete with a pretty rosette at the top. Follow our tutorial below to make these DIY horse show ribbons.
Horse Show Ribbons
The most popular choice for horse shows when it comes to prizes are colorful ribbons! Even though there is a general standard for horse show color placings, ribbons come in all shapes and sizes. Some are simple and small while others are long and very extravagant.
DIY horse show ribbons make a great craft activity and the ribbons can be used for a variety of things. You can decorate various spaces with ribbons or use them for prizes. These ribbons would definitely make great prizes for hobby horse competitions!
Horse Show Ribbon Craft Supplies
To make some horse show ribbons as show in our pictures, round up the following supplies:
- Glittered paper (Silver)
- Construction/colored paper (Black)
- Liquid Glue
- Hot glue gun
- Silky ribbon (1 – 1.5 inch)
How to Make Horse Show Ribbons
Follow the directions below to make some horse show ribbons of your own!
1. Cut a circle out of the silver glitter paper. The circle should be approximately 2-2.5 inches in diameter.)
2. Flip the circle over so that the white backside is showing.
3. Heat up the glue gun. You will need the glue gun, the paper circle and ribbon to create the rosette (top) part of the horse show ribbon.
4. Glue the ribbon around the entire circle edge, as shown in the picture below. When complete, flip the rosette over so that the glitter side of the circle is showing.
5. Sketch a horse head (or any shape you desire) on the black construction paper and cut it out. Use liquid school glue to glue the shape to the center of the glitter circle.
6. Cut 2-4 12-inch pieces of ribbon to use as the streamers. Glue the top of each ribbon to the back of the rosette using the hot glue gun.
Repeat the process with additional ribbon colors! The sky is the limit when it comes to design choices!
Aren’t they so cute?
I hope you have fun with this craft! It would be a great project for campers to work on during arts and craft time.
Make sure you take a look at the rest of our DIY content. Our collection is really growing!