Gather up some supplies and try your hand at this DIY unicorn corner bookmark craft! It is a fairly simple and quick craft, and we have step-by-step photo directions below to help with the origami paper folding. The end result is a cute and functional bookmark that you can use over and over again.
Unicorn Craft Time
This craft is going to be just perfect for your next art activity! I love DIY projects that serve a dual-purpose. This unicorn corner bookmark is a cute decoration. It also just happens to be pretty helpful at saving your current page in a book!
As you will see below, the supply list for this craft is quite minimal. It uses common art supplies that you might already have in your closet!
Before we dig into this craft, check out some of the other unicorn DIYs that we have already shared!
Unicorn Art Projects and Activities
- Unicorn Play Dough Mat Printable Game
- DIY Unicorn Headband Craft
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Unicorn Hand Puppet Craft
- DIY Horse or Unicorn Pop Up Card Craft
DIY Unicorn Corner Bookmark Supplies
To make these bookmarks, you will need the following supplies:
- Glitter paper (Dark and light pink)
- Construction paper or colored paper (Purple, yellow and pink)
- Heavy Card stock (to use for shape tracing)
- Double sided tape
- Black Marker
How to Make a Unicorn Bookmark
Follow these steps to make a unicorn bookmark:
1. Draw triangle shapes (2 big, 2 small (different colors) for ears and 1 taller/narrow for horn) and flowers on the thick card stock. Cut out those pieces and use them as patterns to trace the same shapes on the construction paper and glitter paper. (See image below to copy the colors we used.)
Draw and cut out 2 small circles from the card stock. Set these aside – they will be the eyes.
2. Glue the smaller triangles on top of the larger triangles.
3. Fold a large triangle with one side of the pink paper as shown below. Use scissors to trim off the excess.
4. Follow the folds shown in the photos below, in the order that they are shown.
Fold the tops of these flaps and tuck them into the pocket.
5. It’s time to attach the different pieces to your folded paper! Use the double-sided tape to attach everything. Place the horn on the upper middle part of the “head” and place the ears at the top, both taped to the back. Tape the flowers to the front of the unicorn face.
6. Use the black marker to decorate the card stock circles to look like eyes. Glue or tape the eyes to the unicorn face.
7. To finish up this craft, draw a smiling mouth on the unicorn and add some eyelashes with the black marker. How cute!
Your unicorn corner bookmark is ready to keep your spot in your book!
This craft would be perfect for a party make and take, or a camp art activity.
Let us know if you give this craft a try! If you post a picture of your finished bookmark on social media, feel free to tag us. We would love to see it!