Take a paper cup, some paint, and a few paper pieces and turn them into an adorable horse craft! Check out this tutorial and printable template for a paper cup horse craft activity. Perfect kid craft for school or camp.
Easy Horse Crafts for Kids
Horse themed crafts for kids are great activities! You can use them to compliment a lesson at school or a camp theme. Kids love working with art supplies to make something beautiful. (Actually, many adults enjoy crafting, too!)
Take a look at some of the other horse crafts for kids that we have shared on the blog:
- DIY Horse Pencil Topper Craft
- Paper Plate Horse Craft for Kids
- How to Make a Horseshoe Picture Frame
- DIY Pool Noodle Stick Horse Craft
Paper Cup Horse Supplies
You will need the following supplies to make this craft:
- Paper Cup
- Glue (liquid school glue)
- White acrylic paint
- Burnt Sienna acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Googly eyes
- Paint brush
- Black marker
- White file folder
- Our printable template
NOTE: This file is for PERSONAL USE ONLY. You may NOT sell the digital file or sell the printed work. You may NOT redistribute the digital file or printed work.
How to Make a Paper Cup Horse
Follow these steps to make a cute paper cup horse!
1. Print out our template and glue the entire page to a white file folder.
2. Carefully cut out the pieces with your scissors.
3. Mix a bit of white paint with a some of the burnt sienna paint to make a lighter brown. Paint the entire cup with this color paint. Let dry.
4. Paint the bottom half of the cup with the burnt sienna paint color.
5. Paint the other pieces the following colors: pair of ears (burnt Sienna mixed with white paint) and the mane pieces (black paint).
6. Fold the mane in half horizontally.
7. Use glue to attach the mane and ears to the cup.
8. Glue a pair of google eyes on the front of the horse’s face.
9. For the final step, use the marker to draw a nose and mouth on your horse’s face.
Your craft is finished. How adorable are these?